Book Review: A Tryst With Money

Book Name: A Tryst with Money

Author Name: Samar Vijay

Publication House: Invest Care

Money is an essential tool for living life. It is something that we always use to buy things and stuff for ourselves. But how many of us really know Money? A form that evolved through ages.


Vijay Samar’s book, ‘A Tryst with Money’ brings forth exactly the same thing. It helps you befriend money in a way that has not been done before. From the early stages to the modern currency notes, the book has all in it. Reading book will change your perception towards money. Yes, it will. The book speaks about the origins of money and its history. We all are aware of Barter system, but do we all really remember when the first series of coins were introduced?

The answer to all queries lies in this book. The Author has done a detailed work in bringing the book. And, that is quite evident from the detailed and precise documentation of sources. What I personally like about the book was the comfortable language. You can really sink into it and the graphics just add an essence. They make the understanding so clear!

Lot of historically aspect has been added in the book and that is what makes it an interesting read. I really felt so connected with money as never before. I also started valuing it in better form. Kudos to author for bringing his detailed research so beautifully before us.

When I first received the book, I thought it would be something more related to saving it and investment. Since the author has background of being financial professional but the book did surprise me. Aesthetically, I loved the way the cover has been done. With that, the book layout and feel. Once you open the book, you will get a feeling of something rustic, old, yet precious. And isn’t that how money is supposed to be?

The title itself creates a lot of anticipation, which, the book resolves. Though, I liked all chapters in the book, my personal favorite was ‘Forms of Money’ as it made me more aware of money and the changes it underwent over the ages.


Overall, I would say, this book is best to be read at teatime or when you are vacation. Because, I am sure, you would not love to miss the detailing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 12 – The Undeniable Truth

In Conversation with Photographer Richa Maheshwari