It was meant to be!

This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette on the theme, ‘An instance when a stubble came in the way of a man's chance to make a good impression.’

From the day, I heard, ‘Moochein ho toh Nathulal jaisi…’ dialogue, I knew that I would never want my boyfriend or husband to have moustache or beard. It is a firm decision I grew believing and thinking.

Until, when I met Rishi who made me acknowledge the different plan my fate had. It was that adolescent age, the much-acclaimed 16th year of my life when things and emotions were different. He was the perfect knight shining in armor for whom I instantly fell in love with. We had different subjects and hence, different classes. I seldom used to get chance to see him.

However once, when we had combined class event, I got my opportunity to talk to him. Gathering some courage, I chose to speak to him and that is when I noticed that he had stubble. And that’s when my plan and hope crashed down.

I sat low in a corner all the event when my friend told me that Rishi is staring at me. The news, which should have excited me, didn’t. During lunch, Rishi came over to the table where my friend and me and introduced himself. The next thing I knew, he was sitting with us and trying to strike a good conversation with me. But his stubble forbid me from looking at him. I was just nodding my head while my friend excused her way for desserts, leaving us alone.


This was the first time; I looked at him and could not set my eyes away from him. And I am glad I did that. His stubble just made him for gorgeous and enhanced his personalities. The time then from lunch to desserts was amazing and we ended up being good friends. I truly believe that my hesitant was instance when a stubble came in the way of a man's chance to make a good impression however, I am glad he took up the chance and our story had a new twist. 


I further nominate my friends Rashida Poonawala, Priyantika Sinha Roy Ghosh, Priya Indra, Tejal Mehta-Shah, Chitra Nair, Shruti Chaturvedi to participate in this contest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 12 – The Undeniable Truth

In Conversation with Photographer Richa Maheshwari