365 Days of Journaling

 1.1.2023

"In the older wounds,

And new hopes;
During the crying nights,
And every day's new sunrise
Will my fate shine, this year?"

- Nnikitta Dudannii ©


2.1.2023

The sun was up when I woke up. It was windy yet warm. It was cold yet comfy. I felt happy. I have felt happier before but today, I was happy and I appreciated it. 

I drove to my work and I thought to myself that something never changes - the traffic, the pollution, the rush, the 'being blind to other travelers on the road attitude', and everyone running to chase something. But today, I chose to register the trees, the road, the cool winds, and all things happy on the road - like a mother getting her child ready to go to school, a father dropping off his children, the tea vendor making tea for the commuters, the school bus having happy faces in them and all the things that Universe gave me. 


3.1.2023

My workplace is exciting - every day it is a new exploration with counseling and therapy clients. No matter how much I prepare myself to talk about certain goals and themes with my client, it is always in the moment about how they are feeling. That's the entire point of being a Person Centered therapist, you let the client take the charge and empathies with them about how they are feeling in the moment. 

Today, also marks a new chapter for me because I am going to do my first Live on my workplace page @maanas_tis. The talk is going to be on Exam anxiety: Managing Anxiety and Performing Well. I'm nervous tbh. It isn't like I haven't done live before but it is more about saying things in a way that helps students understand what this workshop is about. It is funny and quite ironic because as a kid, I used to be that anxious student who used to sit with a smile in the exam hall but internally would be petrified of not scoring well and all the shame that may come with it. 

Less marks meant that you are not intelligent and that you are not cut-out for world because marks defined everything. If, I had these workshops around my time as a teenager, I would have definitely benefitted from it. And today, I just hope it benefits other teenagers like me who may be sitting at home with a book in hand and wondering about all the "what-ifs" before taking THAT exam.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 12 – The Undeniable Truth

In Conversation with Photographer Richa Maheshwari